November 18th, 2014
Kuntz Electroplating Inc. (KEI), located in Kitchener, Ontario is a leading OEM supplier of quality metal finishing to the automotive/motorcycle industries worldwide.
KEI has immediate openings for POLISHERS.
Responsibilities and Work Performed:
- Follows all safety and plant rules including not limited to lock out, wearing appropriate PPE, human rights
- Polish all necessary surfaces in conformance with documented SWP for each area; remove all possible defects with use of an electric or air buffer/grinder, hand jack, oscillator, stroke sander, robot cell or rotary.
- Operates view panels/process computers as applicable to each area
- Inspect all parts for defects before and after polishing.
- Remove all old tags on incoming skids where required
- Identify parts they have polished according to department requirements
- Responsible for the proper use of tools in all aspects of the operation to accomplish goals as it applies to posted criteria on a per customer basis.
- Ensure proper storage of all used material. Cleans the work area; performs 5S.
- Adheres to the documented work procedures set out for the activities being performed
- Communicates any problems, materials required, safety or quality concerns to the Foreperson in a timely manner.
- Must be prepared to perform other duties in other areas as so instructed by the Foreperson or Supervisor.
- Prior to start up visually inspects all wiring and reports any damage to the Foreperson; check set up of robot/rotary as per standard work practice
- Loads parts into fixtures/drawers and cleans dried compound from the platter drawer; monitors process
- Checks compound pump and guns for visible damage; checks to ensure correct amount of compound is present.
- Tightens buffs to shafts of polishing heads as required.
- Angles buffs to provide the correct polishing finish; changes worn out buffs
- Cranking polishing heads in or out to polish desired surface
- Uses adjustment motor to raise the polishing head up or down to ensure proper pressure on surface being polished.
- Grade 12/GED preferred
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Basic computer skills
- Must work effectively in a team environment
- Good reading and writing skills
- Self motivated
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Good communication and organization skills
- Must be observant and have an eye for detail
- Must be able to perform the duties described in the physical demands analysis and the job hazard analysis.
This position requires:
- the employee to wear a full face respirator
- maximum physical effort
- high level of attention monitoring processes and quality
- prior to employment at KEI, all applicants must agree to and sign a release (during interview) allowing KEI to do a criminal record background check.
A family owned and operated business, KEI has provided high quality electroplating services for over 64 years. We are an environmentally conscious company. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging position at a community minded, family oriented company with a collegial work environment, please forward your resume to:
Kuntz Electroplating Inc. (KEI), Attn: Human Resources, 851 Wilson Avenue, Kitchener, ON N2C 1J1 or by fax (519) 893 -3923 or